VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 26th, 2017, 8:46am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « editing word files »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

editing word files
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: editing word files  (Read 857 times)
mantras

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

editing word files
« on: Feb 13th, 2003, 5:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have included some word files on my cd presentation as linked files. I want the user to be able to edit the word file and save it and then when the user clicks on the file link on the cd I want it to access the edited version.
Can that be done? HOW? If not what do you suggest.

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: editing word files
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2003, 6:17am »

No, the CD is a read only support. And at present it is not available a sort of bookmark / notes for the user. You might suggest the user to create a special folder for edited documents, and tell them to save docs there.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2003, 6:22am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: editing word files
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2003, 6:22am »

("mantras" replied by email. I include the thread as it might be useful for others).

(mantras)> How can I automatically create a folder on the users computer and move files from the CD to that folder automatically?

It is not possible unless you create a software for doing this. You might include this software in the CD.

> This is an idea. Then I can run this software by using the CDFE run: feature... Is there any limits to how many external links on run commands you can have?

No limits.

> Thanx. I got a developer to write me a little app that automatically creates a folder on the recipients computer and moves certain files of the disk there. If you ever have someone who needs something like this I would be glad to share it.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users