VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 15th, 2018, 11:03am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « internet pages viewing »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

internet pages viewing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: internet pages viewing  (Read 674 times)
terri_ccs

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

internet pages viewing
« on: Jul 31st, 2006, 10:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I copied and reformatted a website to .htm pages.  Copied it into temp folder on desktop.  When opened the index.htm page, all things are great, all llinks, pictures, etc.

Then when create cd, only parts of the index page will appear, no links work properly, no pictures...help!  I saw another user's input about how it sometimes refers to a file on the harddrive, I think I'm getting that error too, it looks like this.....file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Randy/LOCALS~1/Temp/001007b8_0107c438/categ ories.htm  when it should just locate the categories.htm page within the temp file I created to store all the files for the to-be-autorun-cd...

Thank you.

-Terri

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: internet pages viewing
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2006, 6:45am »

HI! To create an autorun CD with CDFrontEnd you do not use html files.
You use
"File >Create CD in temporary folder"

it creates 5-6 files in a temporary folder that you create (we'd suggest to create a simple folder such as  c:\MyTemp\ )

You burn these 5-6 files on the CD and all is done.
All is compact and there is no html.

You may read the short Tutorial for this, hit F1, click on Tutorials....
terri

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 2:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey, thanks for replying, but gotta say I'm still confused.

I have test folder on desktop.  This has all the linked html files, including index.htm where it all starts.  Then in this same folder, I create the cd.  I used the step/link to create command: run: index.htm.  

I think the .htm files needs to be copied to the cd as well for the files to be found.  Does this make sense now?  If I deleted the htm files after creating the .exe file, then it would give me the error message:  unable to open file ....index.htm.

-Terri
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 4th, 2006, 3:37am »

ah, ok, I understand, you have some HTML files saved from another program, I understand.
It is ok to save them all somewhere on the CD (maybe within a separate folder, so the CD won't be a complete mess) and to run "index.htm".

But the files must have been saved with "relative links", in other words, all the links within these files must be ok and must not point to absolute paths / locations, or index.htm will load correctly, but then the link may possibly not work......... and this is up to these files - nothing that can be controlled in CDFE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users