VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 3:35pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Unusually Large File Size »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Unusually Large File Size
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Unusually Large File Size  (Read 2536 times)
pixelpusher

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

Unusually Large File Size
« on: Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a CD Frontend project I started about 6 months ago. I haven't worked on it for some time. I started putting the finishing touches on the project when I noticed some weird things.

1. When I would go to save the current document, the the document disappears momentarily and then returns. I don't lose the program just the page I'm currently saving. I also noticed these disappearing acts are getting longer and longer.  

2. I decided to try burning a test CD of the project using NERO. Followed the Frontend instructions to the tee. Included the readme files the autorun.ico, autorun.inf, the CDFE_e.exe and my aeh files.
Went to add the files to my burn file in NERO and they were 400Mb!
This is a simple 25 page autorun ebook!

3. Went back to CD Frontend. Went to Hypertext options-went to Password section to view file sizes. All the files add up to about 140MB. This too seemed kind of high. All pics are optimized.
But here's the real kicker!  
Everytime I open this project, work on it and go to save it, the aeh file size DOUBLES!
I saved the same project and the aeh file went from 400MB to 800MB.
This project can't even be burned to a standard 700MB disc at this point.

Why is the file size doubling! HELP!

Does anybody have any suggestions?

pixelpusher

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Unusually Large File Size
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:45am »

Hi! It looks something is broken in your file.
The slowness is due to the very large size, due probably to a broken thing within the file.
I'd suggest to open a new file and copy and paste the various pages.

Also check the internal album and make sure that there are unused images or files (Hypertext >Image files link archive and erase).

This problem happened to another people some time ago and it had a broken image within the album, it doubled the size at each save (and was useless as it was broken). Deleting this image fixed everything (the file was not yet so large).
pixelpusher

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

Re: Unusually Large File Size
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 1:33pm »

Dear Support Staff,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Tried deleting unused files as per your suggestion.  
Results were bad, very bad!
Took about 1-1/2 minutes and then got an error message saying "error writing to file".
Plus the header box had a warning in Italian.
(No prob, if you speak Italian-LOL)

Tried the second method you suggested of starting a new aeh file and copying and pasting the original page content form the original aeh to the new aeh.

WOW!

Reduced the total aeh file size to 1.5MB
Plus this copy and paste method identified the culprits. Two of the pages could not be copied to the clipboard.
I imagine this is to their huge file size. Apparently these two files were corrupted and were responsible for the file doubling effect.

You were a BIG help!

The project should be ready for a CD burn in a day or two.

I see that you have 5 stars under your user name. I think you need deserve 5 more.

You have helped me in a HUGE way!

Thanks a million.
pixelpusher

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users