VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 3:35pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Install all »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Install all
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Install all  (Read 732 times)
Mike Reeves

Email

Install all
« on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 7:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I did try to do a search for this but didn't know the best way to word it, which is why I may not have seen anything.

I'm about to create a CD that will have a bunch of different installations on it for my business computers.  Some will be external, some may be embedded and a couple will be using the win-get method to download the latest versions of that particular software.

My question is... I want it to be able to say on my front page:

Install Everything

AVG

Firefox

MAS90

etc....

Where "Install Everything" will be a one-click thing that will just run through each of the installations, one at a time.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

Email

Re: Install all
« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 1:53pm »

Uhm, is it possible for you to give me -some- kind of answer?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 3:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

the "install everything" you ask for is not possible automatically in CDFrontEnd, but the button "install everything" may well run a small program: this small program could be a program that run all the installs.
How to create this small program? I guess you need a friend that's a programmer - even a beginner can create a small program that can run other 3-4 predefined files then quit...
Mike

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 10:03am »

Alright, I'll get working on that then.

Maybe something you could look into as a built-in option since you describe as being extremely simple, but until then I'm perfectly fine with programming it myself.

Thanks!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users