VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:09am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Placing links and frames »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Placing links and frames
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Placing links and frames  (Read 1866 times)
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

Placing links and frames
« on: Nov 6th, 2007, 9:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have a Main Menu with 3-frames each with multiple links by functional area. If destination pages exist first, how can I see them to select as lnk destinations from the Main Menu? (Othr than 1sey-2sey clicking the page numbers) A tree of page thumbnails would be great. BTW - OS=WindowsXP Pro; App=CDFE Gold.
Thanks much!
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2007, 5:02am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: See all existing pages for link
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2007, 10:10am »

When you use Insert >Link or Insert >Special link you can see *all* the pages available for linking.

within the active preview, you can even navigate the pages in order to find the link destination.

the preview may show the frames or the master page only (check or uncheck "frames" on the top right)
ezthinker2

Email

Re: Placing links and frames
« Reply #2 on: Nov 7th, 2007, 5:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Links work fine out from the 3-frame Main Menu. How do I link back to the Main Menu from each page showing Main Menu with its 3-frames intact? I've tried stuff but options show only the individual pages rather than page 0 with all three frames.  

A related question after seeing all my funky page names: How can I rename existing pages as part of a final clean-up before putting content to a CD?  

Thanks!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 7th, 2007, 5:09am »

(as you see, I moved your post; please avoid posting multiple topics on the same or very similar subject, the forum should have some order or will be not useful for other visitors )

first question:  

when you use "Insert >Link" the whole page is replaced with the destination page; if the destination page hosts a frameset (= is the master page of a frameset) then the page will be replaced with this frameset.

By default the previews you see when you use "insert >Link" do show single pages, but there is a checkbox "frame" that, when checked, eventually shows the frames hosted by the selected page.

By the way there is a whole chapter about Frames in the PDF user's manual, a good way to understand frames and links is to repeat step by step what done in this Chapter. Also within the online manual, section "Tutorials" there is a section "how to create a left side menu" that explains two ways for creating this: this quick tutorial is also a way to understand how frames and links work, the differences between preview mode and "Hypertext >Read only" mode, the meaning of the "master frame".

second question:

there are several ways to edit page titles, one is Format >Page properties then the box on the top left.

or you may use Hypertext > Images - files - link archive and erase, then the "Pages" tab, then you may edit all page names at once (with a slow double click on the left list )
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2007, 5:11am by Support Staff » Logged
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 8th, 2007, 8:20am »

Thank you. Results are looking good.  

BTW - I chose to link most all files externally to simplify the maintenance process. It did not change the final size much but seems a much cleaner way to organize all the linked files.

Appreciate your help!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users