VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 24th, 2017, 8:02am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « video layered over a sized background image »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

video layered over a sized background image
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: video layered over a sized background image  (Read 867 times)
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

video layered over a sized background image
« on: Nov 26th, 2007, 5:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm trying to have an intro video play at start-up and when it completes have a centered image left.  
I thought I could do this with a 1-by-1 table with a background image and the video link inserted, but sizing is lost with the image as a background image.

The only way I see to do this is to have a table with an inserted image a bit smaller than the video, with the video inserted just above it. This does not hide the image as I would like but it's a workaround.  

Is there a way to have a table width be 100% plus have it sized to a background image? It would be a cleaner solution to have the video be the only content in the cell that would keep its size when the video ends or is stopped. Any other ideas -- I'm listening. You folks are great!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: video layered over a sized background image
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2007, 5:44am »

You could create a 3 column table where the center column is a fixed width column (e.g = to image width) rather than a % width.

or another trick is to use the "slides" feature (Format >Page properties), and after N seconds (the video would be N seconds long) the whole page is replaced with another page that is *identical* but only one thing changes (e.g. the image, or anything else you want)...

Of course all tricks but as the end user doesn't see them... after all movies are full of tricks and fiction
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2007, 8:14am »

Thank you.

I'm going with the "slides" idea because I need to preserve the 100% width (I already know that users have different screen settings that have thrown-off my fixed size images before).

This "slides" trick will also solve the situation where a viewer wants to skip the intro video. I'll link the skip text to the same replacement page that would show if the video was seen to its completion. Now all that remains is to time the video. Nice idea!
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:02am »

I lost vertical sizing for an intro video after I added a ‘slide’ feature to the first page that would roll to a post-intro main menu.  

This video is centered in the center cell of a 3-column table and its width looks OK. I have been using a 10-pixel wide x 600-pixel high background colored image in each of the adjacent cells to force the table height large enough so the video does not appear disproportionate.

This 3-column ‘video table’ is centered in a 100% width 1x1 table. I use this structure so that I can have a SKIP INTRO link centered beneath the video with no scrolling necessary by the person who would view the CD.  

I have tried several things to solve this, including putting the project to a CD for preview rather than using the editor preview mode. Can you suggest what might be causing this? I am running CDFE Gold with Windows-XP Professional and the video is compressed from avi(259MB) to mpeg-1(16MB).

Thanks in advance!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:21am »

what do you mean with "I lost vertical sizing"? The program auto-resizes the vertical dimension... the more "high" object do force the vertical size...

you may add carriage returns to make something more high (or delete carriage returns or too-high objects to do the opposite)
ezthinkr
YaBB Junior Member

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 3rd, 2008, 8:47am »

Please disregard my previous post because I found an alternative way to achieve what I wanted.  I removed the table structures and played the video at 800x600 size. Only one person with non 4:3 screen settings quesioned the proportions, so I described why, showed him the differences, and added this text to the CD label: "Viewed Best with 1024x768 screen settings." This a robust and flexible product.  
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users