VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 24th, 2017, 8:04am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « paging an ebook for various monitors / screens »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

paging an ebook for various monitors / screens
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: paging an ebook for various monitors / screens  (Read 1123 times)
souellette

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

paging an ebook for various monitors / screens
« on: Apr 14th, 2008, 8:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What I need, is for someone to help me figure out how to contain my text so that it doesn' become distorted when it is downloaded on a computer with a smaller monitor.  I've been told to read ch. 10 of the manual, and I have, but I still can't seem to make it work.  I believe it has to do with using tables....but when I use a table, it still never looks right....any suggestions? Scott
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2008, 5:24am by Support Staff » Logged

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: paging an ebook for different end user screen
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 5:24am »

Have you tried to redo the example shown in the chapter "Graphics and paging pages" of the manual?

Don't read the manual - I mean, you need to read it AND to try to repeat the example on your PC.
If you repeat it, and you try to enlarge / reduce the Ebook window, you will see that the text automatically adjusts to the video width. So you will learn how to do.

If you redo the example and the text does not adjust, you are doing some mistake. Send us the file and we will detect it. The most common mistake for beginners is to use the Carriage Return key of the keyboard at the end of the row (like you do on a mechanic typewriter). This key must be used ONLY at the end of the paragraph (after the end point "." ).
souellette

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

Re: paging an ebook for various monitors / screens
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 3:22pm »

Thank you for your support on this issue, I will try it tonight.

Scott Ouellette

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think it worked.  I have a 17" flat screen monitor I just bought.  I inserted a table, and when it appeared, it was set as wide as my monitor.  I'd like to use the entire screen to write my book.  Is this advisable?  What I'm hearing from you is, as long as I contain my text in the table, it should look normal on a monitor that's smaller.  Is there any other settings I need to be concerned with?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 3:51am »

No. Start with a table with 2 columns (maybe one small and the other one larger) if you'd like to put an image besides the text (this can be nice sometimes).
Use the Carriage return key only at the end of each paragraph.

As you have a large monitor, you can do tests at smaller resolution. To do this, after you wrote some text, move away from full screen and try to shrink the EBooksWriter dialog. You will see how it looks the page at smaller video resolution.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users