VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2017, 9:12pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Embedded Files PDF Excel »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Embedded Files PDF Excel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Embedded Files PDF Excel  (Read 1868 times)
John Geary

Email

Embedded Files PDF Excel
« on: Oct 27th, 2008, 7:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If I embed a small .pdf file or a one sheet Excel file, do I need to install the Acrobat Reader setup / the Excel Viewer setup on my CD?  Or will CDFE include the reader/viewer automatically?
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2013, 6:27pm by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Embedded Files
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27th, 2008, 8:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You should provide a link with "In case you don't have Acrobat / Adobe Reader click here for the setup" that links to the installer (that you can download from the adobe website). Same for  the Excel viewer.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2013, 6:28pm by Support Staff » Logged
Margaret Toale

Email

Re: Embedded Files, PDF, Abode Reader
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31st, 2013, 4:25pm »

In the pdf manual (pg 15) it instructs to "download the correct SelfInstalling Setup File" from Acrobat.  I am unable to find anything with that description.  Does the manual refer to the general "regular' download of Adobe Reader? I might have misinterpreted the manual, but I took it to mean that, if you put the "SelfInstalling Setup File" into the CD folder, a user would automatically be able to view PDF files.  The answer below states it differently (or more clearly?), that you have to provide a link to the installer and a note to the user to download if needed.  Would you please clarify and provide a link to the correct Adobe Reader download file to use for the CD.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2013, 6:30pm by Support Staff » Logged
bob cd creator

Email

Re: Embedded Files, PDF, Adobe Acrobat Reader
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31st, 2013, 6:25pm »

the 90 or maybe 99% of the users already have Adobe Reader installed.

for the rest, you can provide the Adobe setup file. I have several adobe_reader_sfx.exe files (actually the name is another one), starting from V4.0. As recently the Adobe selfinstalling file is becoming really fat, I usually provide a old one with the smallest size that is compatible with the PDF files I include.

If you don't have one, just download the current one from the Adobe website.
Right now it should be (English)
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

you dowload the file from Adobe, you associate the file to a button or a sentence (click here to install Adobe Reader if you don't have it)

By the way you may also just provide the web link of the installer, but this is not so good. You cannot assume that the people that uses the CD/DVD always has a Internet connection (or wants to use it). Maybe they are in a place without connection or with a slow connection.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2013, 6:33pm by Support Staff » Logged
pit

Email

Re: Embedded vs. External files confusion
« Reply #4 on: Nov 4th, 2013, 4:12am »

I haven’t felt this stupid in a long time:
(AND I have read and reread and reread the PDF manual.)

Embedded vs. External files confusion:  

“Link to embedded files  
This is the simplest way to run a file.
Embedded (inserted, included) means that
the file is going to be embedded within the
CD FrontEnd document / presentation: this
means that when you will create the CD/
DVD, the original file(s) won’t have to be
placed on the CD.”

That seems so contradictory to me: 1)“embedded = inserted, included /within the document/presentation.  2) “This means… the original files will NOT be placed (included, inserted?)  on the CD.  So where ARE they?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re:  Embedded vs. External files clarification
« Reply #5 on: Nov 4th, 2013, 4:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You incorrectly shortened the sentence. It says

the original file(s) won’t have to be placed on the CD

and not

the original files will NOT be placed

if you use the "embedded" link, you won't have to manually include the file(s) on the CD when burning the CD, because the files are automatically inserted (embedded) into the main presentation file, the AEH files, that normally goes into the CD as part of the CDFE file set.
So the files actually go into the CD, but in a invisible mode (such as the images you insert in the pages)
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2013, 4:29am by Support Staff » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users