VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:19am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Forms in CD Front End »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Forms in CD Front End
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Forms in CD Front End  (Read 1501 times)
johngeary
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Forms in CD Front End
« on: Dec 9th, 2008, 12:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have CDFE Gold.  I want to include a form on a project for a purchaser to register their purchase.  Once they register I will send them a URL, user-name (their email address) and a password to access an online membership site.

I have FormMail Clone on my Hostgator domain and have the address to enter in the Start Form Marker.  The script requires at least one hidden form field <recipient>.  How do I insert a hidden form field with CDFE Gold?  All I see are:
Insent > Forms > Form Start Marker, Form Element or Button.  I do not see a check for 'hidden'.

I have done a search on the Forums but can't find the answer.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2008, 8:34am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Forms in CD frontend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2008, 12:30pm »

Hi! In the "form elements" there are 9-10 kind of elements (see the tabs on the top of the dialog). One of them is labeled "hidden" and is what you are searching for. And yes, there is not a separate menu item for each element as the menu would be too big... but you just have to click the proper tab
johngeary
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Re: Forms in CDFE
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 7:31am »

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to find and include the necessary hidden fields and create a form on the project I am creating.  I inserted a reset button and a submit button, but neither actually works.  I have tried saving the project and trying to use the form by opening the brochure outside of CDFE but neither button works.

Am I supposed to link the submit button to a run:mailto link?  If so, how do I activate the reset button for the form?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 8:02am »

It is the form start marker that specifies the action of the form. You should choose GET or POST and you should insert the complete path of the script.

The submit button just starts this action.  

To call the script, CDFrontEnd will connect to your server with the standard http port (80): make sure that your firewall permits CDFrontEnd to do so. Some firewalls (software or hardware) are configured in order to permit only Firefox / Explorer to do this kind of net accesses.

johngeary
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 8:28am »

Thanks again for the quick response.  I added CDFrontEnd Gold to my Windows Firewall exceptions list and added it to port 80.  I test the form and it sent me the email.

I do have a couple more questions.  When I click the Submit button, a pop-up screen appears entitled Information.  It shows the path to my FormMail account followed by [200].  Is this supposed to happen.

Also, the Reset Button that I inserted still does not work.  If it will not work I would like to delete it.  But I cannot figure out how to do it.

If you can, please advise about the pop-up on submit, plus tell me how to either get the reset button to work or how to delete it.

Thanks.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Forms in CD front end
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 8:33am »

the popup message should show only within the editor, for test purposes: 200 is the code your script sends back (200 means http OK)

as for the reset button, it should work, but in any case to remove it is simple, select it then hit DEL on the keyboard (two times if one is not sufficient)
johngeary
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Re: Forms in CD Front End
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 8:52am »

Thanks, again.

One more question please.  I pay for a service that lets me create forms online and gives me the html code to insert.  The data in the hidden form fields is encrypted.  I notice when you click on Insert>Forms>Form Start Marker, there are two tabs, one of which is HTML.  Then there is a "Load" tab that opens the HTML Templates folder deep within the "vv" folder that CDFE installed on my C drive.  The only file type in the drop-down screen at the Load tab is "File modelli".  How do I get my html form code into "File modelli" file type so I can load it under the FormStartMarker>HTML tab?

In other words, how do I create an HTML (form) Template that CDFE will let me Load?

Thanks.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 9:07am »

CDFrontEnd does not use HTML internally (this also to provide secure encryption/protection, and for several other reasons). Some features like the ones you found are provided for compatibility with HyperPublish / 1Site only.

To insert the hidden form field, you should proceed as above (encrypted or not, you can insert the hidden form element content with Insert >Form element, then Hidden tab, then copy and paste... )
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2008, 9:08am by Support Staff » Logged
johngeary
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 9:13am »

Didn't think of that.  If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying I can "recreate" the form in CDFE by inserting the code elements.

I'll try that.  Thanks for all your help.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users