VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 12:11pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Adobe Media Player »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Adobe Media Player
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Adobe Media Player  (Read 2420 times)
Bru
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Adobe Media Player
« on: Feb 19th, 2009, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have made a DVD brochure that I give to customer.  On it I have many videos and the DVD is getting full.  I need to change the video format to lower the file sizes.  I have found that f4v files are of good quality, but are small in size.  Problem is that the customer will need Adobe Media Player to view the videos.  Can I place this application on the DVD, or is the only way to do this to place a link to the Adobe site for them to download the software to their computer?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Adobe Media Player
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2009, 12:19pm »

If I am correct you can insert into the DVD the installer of the Adobe Media Player (see Adobe web site for the license - I believe you should register your email on their website to do this). You will put - say - "click here to install the A M P if you don't have it - it will be needed to see the videos".

Another option that I know it works for FLV: you can convert FLV to SWF (normal flash files that you can then insert with Insert >Flash). I don't know this for sure, but it is possible you can do the same for F4V, with a conversion software.

By the way, maybe you already know, but also AVI codified with the DIVX codec are small and have a very good quality. You can download the codec on the divx.com website and many software can convert other video formats to AVIIVX subformat
Bru
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Re: Adobe Media Player
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2009, 12:27pm »

Thanks, I will give a couple of these a try.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users