VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2017, 8:37am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « when passwords are asked? »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

when passwords are asked?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: when passwords are asked?  (Read 1077 times)
Coriolan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

when passwords are asked?
« on: Feb 14th, 2010, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Im using zip folders that my students download from my site and open the CDFE file to run music dictations and their solutions. I placed the solutions on new pages so, when password protected, the students could check their answers only when password were provided. Testing this CDFE in another computer, seems the password is "granted" by default so I could access the protected pages with no login. Only after right-mouse option "reset passwords" the program started to ask for a new password. I believe, that passwords are set for use with external devices, not in folders within your pc. Right?
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2010, 2:26pm by Support Staff » Logged
Coriolan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Re: when passwords are asked?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2010, 2:28pm »

Ok. I realized I must check "don't store passwords". Now passowords are asked everytime. I still need help with my background image

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2010, 2:29pm »

passwords are asked the first time the end user enters a protected page.

then, unless you disable this feature (you can disable this in Hypertext >Current hypertext properties, then the tab Reader Show Options ) the pass is memorized - either in the registry or within a .erp file

so when you put a CD within a "clean" computer, the pass is asked the first time a protected page is entered.

If you make the mistake of putting the brochure.erp or brochure.ewp file on the CD, then the pass won't be asked

the "password reset" menu, deletes any memorization of the password (this is useful also if a wrong password is entered)

PLEASE try to NOT OPEN NEW TOPIC and to use already existing topics on the same topic you are asking a question.
Also please cover only ONE TOPIC per question.
Also there is a nice SEARCH BOX. Enter the word "backgr0und" and you will probably find a topic about bg where you can post your other question.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2010, 2:31pm by Support Staff » Logged
Coriolan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15th, 2010, 9:33am »

Im quite curious about the implications in adding brochure.erp or brochure.ewp files to the autorum folder/ device. What information are they carring and what they serve for?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 15th, 2010, 1:39pm »

the EWP file contains the password associated to the ebook, if any.  
e.g. mickey.ewp contains the passwords for mickey.aeh

The .ewp file is stored within the same folder of your work file.
If you delete the ewp file, you lose access to your own hypertext. However it is a text file, so if you remember your passwords you can re-create it.

the ERP file stores the passwords typed by the end user, when the ebook is opened on a non-read-only medium. Otherwise the passwords are stored in the registry. If the "don't store passwords" is checked, pass are not stored.

if you put the erp / ewp file on the CD, it is like to purchase a $100 million vault, then to close it and left it with the keys inserted...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users