VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 6:13am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Flash Drive - NEED Help »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Flash Drive - NEED Help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flash Drive - NEED Help  (Read 1772 times)
jshapan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Flash Drive - NEED Help
« on: Apr 10th, 2011, 9:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As we cannot have an auto-run work on Flash Drives. We cannot figure out how to name the main launch file more clearly for the 500 people who are receiving these drives.  

There are 7 pieces that show up ... and the one that launches says: CDFE_g_e     Is there a way to rename this to say ViewTourColorado   or even just TourColorado ....  

Please advises asap direct to my email on file ... as we are at deadline and did not realize this would be such a problem.

Thank you Janet
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Flash Drive - NEED Help
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11th, 2011, 3:05am »

Yes you can rename the file to anothername.exe (the important thing is it ends as .exe) or also clickme.exe

the original name is important when the autorun works (CD, DVDs) but as nowadays Win disables the flash, a rename will just help

p.s. Windows in its standard settings will show the names without extension, e.g. CDFE_e instead CDFE_e.exe and YourGivenName instead YourGivenName.exe but it is important that when you rename you type the .exe at the end of the name
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2011, 3:12am by Support Staff » Logged
jshapan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2011, 7:35am »

I renamed it and put the exe at the end, but the files that show up for the when I create the "autorun CD in temporary folder..."  still only shows CDFE_g_e  application and is the only file that will launch the program when loaded on the Flash Drive.  

I don't understand how what you said below helps me when the files are loaded on the Flash Drive.

bingo

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2011, 7:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

rename this file after you create the file set in the temporary folder, or do the rename directly into the flash drive
jshapan
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2011, 8:20am »

Will give it a try ... thank you.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users