VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 20th, 2017, 5:12pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Catalog Creation »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Catalog Creation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Catalog Creation  (Read 1556 times)
David Lee

Email

Catalog Creation
« on: Feb 3rd, 2012, 1:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I recently purchased CDFE Gold to produce a catalog with 5072 items. Everytime I import the CSV I get thousands of pages identified on the main page by the primary key number generated by access... without the key I get a few hundred blank pages. Also despite my best efforts, I have not been able to get the software to properly categorize product pages, etc... if I check off the fields I do not need I get blanks, if I use the default settings, nothing lines up properly. I have read the tutorial and the PDF manual... I desperately need help to finish this project.
Is there a support number I can get some guidance?? Please help I am at the end of my rope!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Catalog Creation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2012, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

the things that is mandatory is that the fields in your CSV data must be in the same order that in the example shown in the preview besides the selections.

example of the side preview:
SubCategory;Product name and or title;"Long description. May be very long. No carriage returns.";"MoreInformationFileWithinSameFolderOfCSV.pdf";"abcd12345";10. 99;"NiceImageFileWithinSameFolderOfCSV.jpg";

your CSV must have per each line something like this:
Pink Floyd;Dark side of the moon;"This is the best selling CD of all the times";"PinkFloydDarkSideOfTheMoonLyrics.pdf";"ISBN424254345";14.99;"Cov erImagePinkFloydDSOTM.jpg";

to see what you should put to have categories and subcategories properly created, you may see the example file provided (a music store catalog, with CDs as products, and categories as singer/groups names), however it is intuitive, just respect the preview. If you do not respect the exact order, it will not work.
Also if you use the comma as separator (,) there should not be commas in the cat or product names or everything will be a mess.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2012, 3:18pm by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2012, 3:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

to see what there is inside the CSV that your database is producing, one way is to rename it (something).TXT then open it with a text editor, such as Notepad.

also you will save time if, for the time needed for learning, you will do your tests with 50-100 products only

I suppose also you understood the creation of product page templates, and the special symbols $$something$$ that must be on the template to be replaced by the variable fields......

If you try the example provided (that works) and you read the PDF manual this is the fastest way to learn.
Tracie Delicata

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 9th, 2016, 4:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just following on from this thread, I have just received the trial version to see if this product works for us. I also need to produce a catalogue, and basket creation facility on a cd.
I wanted to look at the sample csv file to see how it works but cannot find it on the cd... I initially jumped ahead to look at importing csv files, can you help here?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users