VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 26th, 2021, 1:07pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « how to disable the password feature for first page »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

how to disable the password feature for first page
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: how to disable the password feature for first page  (Read 2486 times)
Joseph F. O'Connell

Email

how to disable the password feature for first page
« on: Sep 7th, 2002, 6:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is there anyway to disable the password function so that the user gets directly to the first page without having to fill in the password box?

Joe
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2009, 11:37am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: password feature
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 3:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First press the button to "See pages without pass" then, on the rightside list, check all pages that you want without password.

When you press "See pages without pass"  the apply-to-all button that is on the bottom left becomes "Apply *none* to all pages", if you click it, you will set all pages to be without password ( "Apply *none* to all pages" is a complicated way to say "remove passwords from all pages)
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2009, 12:54pm by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

"read only" password feature (to avoid editing)
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24th, 2003, 6:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Both in the Visual Manual and in the FAQ (F1) we talk about passwords.
And also in the PDF manual.

But we just received another question list so I will publish it right now, maybe it will be useful for you...

HYPERTEXT OPTIONS DIALOG:
First Tab "Info"
1. If I check the "read only Pass" but enter nothing what happens?
>

This is the "editor" password (read only pass means that the AEH work file will become read only, unless you know this password).
When you open the AEH file in the editor, EBW will show the password dialog. As you entered nothing, enter nothing also here, and press OK.

2. If I check the "read only Pass" AND enter a password does this prohibit unauthorized editing, cliping etc. by anyone without the Pass?(Assuming I check disable clipboard copy)
>

Yes, anyone that owns EBooksWriter will not be able to edit. Including YOU if you forget the "read only" password. So store it!!

HYPERTEXT OPTIONS DIALOG:
Third Tab "Password"
3. Assuming I make use of #2 above, If I apply an author password "to all pages" what rights does the customer now gain?  
>

If the customer doesn't know the pass it won't be able to read the ebook.
If the customer knows the pass it will able to read the ebook (other restrictions in the "Reader/Show options tab" may apply).
As you applied 1/2 (read only pass) the customer won't be able to edit the ebook even if it runs to purchase EBooksWriter.

4. A girlfiend has a computer and we test dowloaded two of my free eBooks onto her destop. Pretty cool!  But when we went to open the second application up, it said something like "This application already exists! Over write?
I think we said "NO" and eventually the two eboks came on screen
>

The program just warns you that it is doing an overwriting (in case of two different ebooks, but with same aeh file name, this warning can be useful).
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2009, 11:51am by Support Staff » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users