VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2017, 8:41am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Franηais * - Espaρol * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Pasting Polytonic Greek Text Into e-BooksWriter »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

Pasting Polytonic Greek Text Into e-BooksWriter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pasting Polytonic Greek Text Into e-BooksWriter  (Read 1758 times)
bibliarom

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

Pasting Polytonic Greek Text Into e-BooksWriter
« on: Sep 16th, 2006, 10:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm using e-BooksWriter LITE, and I intend to buy the PRO version of this program, but I have a problem: I need to paste into this program a Greek Polytonic text. But, when I paste it, I obtain an unintelligible text, something like:  

1 πετρος αποστολος ιησου χριστου εκλεκτοις παρεπιδημοις διασπορας  
ποντου γαλατιας καππαδοκιας ασιας και βιθυνιας 2 κατα προγνωσιν θεου πατρος  
εν αγιασμω πνευματος εις υπακοην και ραντισμον αιματος ιησου χριστου  
χαρις υμιν και ειρηνη πληθυνθειη 3 ευλογητος ο θεος και πατηρ του κυριου  
ημων ιησου χριστου ο κατα το πολυ αυτου ελεος αναγεννησας ημας εις  
ελπιδα ζωσαν δι αναστασεως ιησου χριστου εκ νεκρων  

I've tried to change the charset with windows-1253, but in vain: I couldn't at least write in Greek. The font that I use is Ralph Hancok's GR Mellonta. I mention that I'm using the Greek Polytonic keyboard layout under Windows XP SP2 while pasting the text. Could anyone help me, or can this bug be fixed in anyway?  Thank you very much.  

Best regards,  
bibliarom
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2006, 10:56am by bibliarom » Logged

bibliarom

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

Re: Pasting Polytonic Greek Text Into e-BooksWrite
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28th, 2006, 5:11pm »

Well, I'm answering to myself. I have bought now the PRO version of eBooksWriter. This program doesn't allow the use of foreign Unicode character-sets.   But there is a place where you can find a good transcription of the Bible into western ISO-8859-1 charset:http://net.bible.org/bible.php?book=Mat&chapter=1&tab=grkheb .
You can download the special fonts for this Bible here: http://net.bible.org/fonts.php . When you paste the text into eBooksWriter, I recommend to use the Greek Uncials font.

There is also another posibility, but I haven't tested yet. Since it doesn't let you do Unicode, probably eBooksWriter PRO can display any  
8-bit font, though of course the font does have to be installed. You could try it with Greek Old Face, for example, the font from Son of WinGreek. The free GreekTranscoder program for Word 2000-2003 ( http://www.greektranscoder.org ) will convert Unicode Greek to Son of WinGreek encoding and vice versa, and does it in one operation, more simply than Antioch. I don't know of any conversion programs for the Galaxie fonts.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2006, 6:27pm by bibliarom » Logged

jacobpressures
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2011, 9:44am »

IThe solution sounds like a lot of work.  I need some help to understand how this works or is there is another better solution.

All of my files have Greek characters.  

Is there any support for Greek characters? this post is a bit old at this point.

thanks!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2011, 10:28am »

in the last edition, you set up the charset as Greek (Hypertext >Current hypertext options) and you are ok.
jacobpressures
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2011, 10:39am »

Thanks! I'm really excited. It seems that I run into so many dead ends. Is this available in the lite version? I guess as long as it work in the full version that is ok. But I'm just wondering so i can see it in action.

I'm new to ebooks so I'm trying to see if it is worth my time and effort.

I'm quite excited about this. The little i did yesterday wasn't bad.
jacobpressures
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2011, 5:03pm »

I tried using this with the Lite version and it does not work. I only get partial greek.  Some characters convert and some do not. the Greek is unrecognizable and useless.

is this what i should expect? IS there something else i can do? Do i need to download something or change a setting?  

This just isn't very useful if a person is planning to use greek.

Thanks!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2011, 8:49am »

you should use a font that supports greek (such as times new roman greek and so on)

normally you can type greek directly with the greek keyboard
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users