VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 23rd, 2018, 9:02am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Toc Tree, printing page set up »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

Toc Tree, printing page set up
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Toc Tree, printing page set up  (Read 2357 times)
budaheartie

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

Toc Tree, printing page set up
« on: Apr 9th, 2007, 10:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I purchased last week the spanish EBW pro.
Fighting a lot to understand how it all works. At times I miss a more "for dummies" manual  . Some issues are covered in few lines only. Anyhow, here are some questions:

1. I have created a test version of my ebook while I learn to use EBW and although I´ve created 15 chapters linked to the first page, my content page, and interlinked among themselves, when it comes to see what has the TOC tree registered of all this, there appears only 2 pages in the toc, the first page and the content page. Is this normal? shouldnt it reflect all the pages I have been creating? (I have 15 chapters, each one is a single document).

2. Is there any possibility of creating pages numbers or divisions like a proper book after a certain amount of lines, lets say 45 lines per page for a din A4 paper? (or is the solution to create individualy one by one those pages interlinked?)

4. Printing problems:
I´ve tried to print a simple page with text, but I wanted the text to keep a certain margin. It didnt print it this way but shrinked the margins to the size of a column and printed all the page this way. I checked the printer configuration and page configuration. It was preconfigured as a letter paper and when tried to change it to A4, it allowed me but as soon as I shut the window, it returned to the preconfig as a letter. Not sure if this is the cause of the change in margins.

Thanks for your help
Best wishes
Barbara
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2007, 10:30am by budaheartie » Logged

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Toc Tree, printing page set up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 6:07pm »

1) you should create the TOC tree only at the end of the work; there are buttons to add pages / chapters to the TOC; there is a Reload button that deletes the current TOC and creates a TOC without chapters but that lists all pages (then you may add chapters / move pages)

2) the printing tries to automatically fit the paper. This feature is quite complicate as for pages with multiple nested tables with images the print engine assures that all the images are printed without interruption;
this mechanism is not compatible with fixed margins / page breaks; also the paper size of the end user is unknown - you can not force US people to buy A4 paper or european to purchase "letter" paper (if ever you can find "letter" paper in EU)

4) as far as we know the Print setup does memorizes the settings (if you exit the dialog with OK; if you ESC or Cancel it doesn't memorize).
budaheartie

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 2:28am »

Thanks for the tips,
I went and do the toc tree, but each page I erased, it created a blank space or untitled page in the space of the removed page so the Toc tree would still have unwanted pages just that they are blank ...how to solve this?

So after removing pages with the menu hypertext, remove page select page to be removed then OK, I get the following:

-front cover page
-chapter 1
-untitled page------when I try to remove this page it doesnt even appear in the window when removing pages, but does appear in the TOC window list...
-chapter 2
-chapter 3
-untitled page
etc...

Printing issue:

As for the printing I understand the complications of it, but why is the text being printed as a thin column and not as the size I gave it which is of a normal text flowing in a paper with normal margins? The "what you see is what you get" doesnt seem to apply here. I can understand differences of viewing according to screens but to put all as a column when it is not is a bit ruining the possibility of printing (the whole book 160 pages normally printed would then imply 400 pages or so with the text in a thin column, this is not a gift to the buyers of the book but a real problem). Unless I´am doing something wrong but I can´t think of anything. I just create a page, with its links, then define the margins and copy and paste the text from a word document, then print...

Thanks for your help
Barbara

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 6:03am »

the TOC tree has its own independent life.
You may delete all the pages from the TOC tree, if you want.

To delete a page in the TOC (this won't delete the page in the hypertext, just from the TOC), disable the preview, click on the page, then press the DEL key on your keyboard (the trash button sometimes doesn't work, this is a known issue, we are sorry for this).  

As for the printing, you should send a sample to the support by email. For every thing that happens there is a reason. Maybe its your particular layout that toggles some particular behavior.
budaheartie

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 8:47am »

I´d like to send a copy to you but, when I reduce the book to a single mini-chapter so that it doesnt occupy much space, still the whole document occupies 12,9 megabytes ...why is it so? its just a simple page with 3 normal pages no images whatsoever and it weights as much either as .aeh file as .exe file...this unables me to send it because I am not on adsl...

Any clue?

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 9:33am »

Hi! Check the internal album.

It includes all the objects you ever used in this file, and these objects are not deleted (this is to allow you a faster reuse).

Hypertext >Image file link archive and erase

see the various tabs and erase what is unused.

Then please send it as AEH not EXE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users