VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2018, 10:51pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Fixed Tables »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

Fixed Tables
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fixed Tables  (Read 962 times)
souellette

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

Fixed Tables
« on: Apr 21st, 2008, 6:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So, from what I'm hearing (ch.10 of manual), I can insert a fixed table, write an ebook,and this will prevent text from shifting around if someone has a smaller monitor? I'm looking at Fig. 135, the example in the manual, and it looks like this is true....? I don't want my text to adjust based on wide screens or small screens (Fig. 134)..just to stay the same way no matter what the monitor size...is it safe to say fixed tables is the key? I'm currently trying it now...Scott

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Fixed Tables
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21st, 2008, 6:20am »

it is not good to use fixed tables, because in case you fix a large width, an user on a small laptop (new Asus or similar future models from Dell and HP) will see the horrible horizontal scroll bar and will be forced to continuously scroll in order to read.

You can do so of course, but this is deprecated. We suggest the right way in the chapter "Graphics and paging pages".

If you believe that a large table will be "too large" on a large monitor, you may use a table with two columns, or three, and put the text within one column and some images into the other columns.

Anyway you are free to decide. You know our suggestion.
souellette

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21st, 2008, 8:19am »

wow, thank you for that warning.  The first example I saw of an ebook done on ebookswriter was an ebook called The Evolution of Cites.  You're familiar? I like how his book came out....any idea on how he might have structured his book? I will try your suggestion. Thank you.

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21st, 2008, 8:28am »

Unfortunately rarely our customers tell us what they do with EbooksWriter. I guess they are shy or they are very busy with their successful publishing job...  

If the authors of The Evolution of Cites read here, you are welcome to post some info about your ebook; there is also a topic specific for ebooks created with ebookswriter where people can post a short ad message about their ebook, take advantage of it, you are welcome

http://www.paperinik.com/cgi-bin/eng/YaBB.pl?board=EBW;action=display;nu m=1021548372
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008, 8:37am by Support Staff » Logged
souellette

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21st, 2008, 8:32am »

Much appreciated!!! This has to be one of the greatest tech support teams I've ever encountered....thank you! Scott

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users