VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2017, 12:31am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « search/replace into html scripts »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   HyperPublish

search/replace into html scripts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: search/replace into html scripts  (Read 1542 times)
jlc
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

search/replace into html scripts
« on: Sep 2nd, 2009, 7:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am using Html scripts into my hyperpublish pages with  "insert/html/within text" feature.
This is for paypal access and it contains my e-mail. Now my e-mail has changed and I have tens and tens of these scripts to be updated manually by right clicking on the icons, selecting "properties" and manually updating the e-mail address. I cannot succeed to do it with "search/search-replace" because this feature only works into plain text but not into inserted html scripts .
Have you some solution for this ?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: search/replace into html scripts
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2nd, 2009, 6:33pm »

Hum. For old editions, if these html chuncks are all identical, you may change one, then you will copy and paste the small icon that represents the HTML insertion block. This way you will change the others quite easily.

The new EWE/1site includes a better way.

Under the dialog activated by
Hypertext >Images file links archive and erase
there is a couple of HTML tabs (besides the "Alt" tab).
With a click on the Html tab, the dialog will list on the left box all the HTML insertions done within all the website pages. You click on #1, and on the edit box on the right you will see (and can edit) the HTML code #. You click on #2 and you see #2.  

The same dialog, on the top right, includes a tool for speedy search/replace (Replace Global), very handy (it acts on the items/pages selected on the leftside list, that allows multiple selections, holding SHIFT or CTRL). By the way this is not available in the Trial or Lite edition.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2009, 3:43am by Support Staff » Logged
jlc
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2009, 10:25pm »

Dear,
I just upgraded to hyperpublish current release and was able to update fast my site.
Thanks for this.
Anyhow, severe bugs remains in the new search/replace (hypertext- image file links archive and erase- html tab) feature

1) I was searching the (french) word "panier"
it  could find here (10%, and with uppercase): src="w w w.paypal.com/images/view_cart.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Voir le Panier">
but not there (90% of items)
<input type="image" src="panier.gif" border="0" name="submit" width="87" height="23" alt="4 micro servos 2.5g">

2) Not capable to search/update a long string
for example:
SEARCH
src="w w w//images.paypal.com/fr_FR/i/btn/x-click-but22.gif"
REPLACE
src="panier.gif"

don't work

3) when I save hypergraph by "save all" some items come back to their old state (the state before REPLACE)
So no update ....

I have been working 15 years in software development.  30% of time was to  write the C/C++, java etc... programs and 70% to test ....

Hope you can fix all this
best regards
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2009, 5:08am »

Hi!
The replace all feature is not sensible to the length or so, because the replace is on all the occurrences of "panier" (case insensitive) on the whole text (it's not line per line, the text is seen as a unique very long string). Maybe you wrote "panier " (with a space after the word) instead of "panier" ??
Did you try with "panier." ?
I checked the code but it has nothing special. Also I repeated some tests, but they were ok.
Maybe you can copy and paste the stuff to an email to us so we can do a test with your precise strings (the forum has limits as you have seen).

As for the text not replaced, this has been corrected (and will soon be in the "production" release, I will make sure you will receive info by email). Simply your version does not correctly replace the stuff that are in the page currently being shown by the editor (the page is in edit mode so protected)... "global" should mean "global" so this has been "fixed".
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2009, 5:36am by Support Staff » Logged
jlc
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 6th, 2009, 1:01am »

I type "panier" exactly and it could not find. Same thing for others strings. This morning i opened my hypergraph again and nothing is saved. I can send you the whole hypergraph with the exact operations list I did. Give me your e-mail address for this.
Regards
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 6th, 2009, 3:52am »

just send to support: info (at) visualvision.com
and include all instructions.
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2009, 3:52am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 8th, 2009, 7:49am »

Checked. It works.
Remember that with the top right button, the search/replace is performed on the *selected* items on the leftside list.

We will change its label to make it more intuitive.

We added also a search feature dialog (button with the lens on the bottom; or F3 / F4) internal to the HTML box (F3) and that can spawn on all HTML texts (F4)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users