VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 26th, 2017, 12:56pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « program create csv product catalog to web / CD »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   HyperPublish

program create csv product catalog to web / CD
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: program create csv product catalog to web / CD  (Read 2587 times)
wildbird
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

program create csv product catalog to web / CD
« on: Nov 14th, 2009, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

I don't know if this the right forum to leave a message but I will give it a try.  If this belongs in one of the other forums just let me know.

I am totally new to making web pages or having a web site.

What I am looking for:  I am currently looking for a program that will transfer csv or excel files into
a catalog web page.

I am using a web builder who is also the host.  

I basically have the site made.  What I need now is some kind of app which will take my csv files or Excel files and use them to create a list of the products I am selling i.e. manufacture's name, product, item description, picture,  price, etc.

I was told there are programs that can do that but after searching for 4 days I have yet to come up with such a program.

I have somewhere between 200 - 300 items to list.  Daunting project to list by hand.

Are any of the programs here capable of doing that?

Also, it would be no problem if I needed to move my site to another web host.

I would be very, very grateful for an answer and even more grateful to be told YES there is a program here capable of doing what I am asking.

Thanks for taking the time to read and possibly answering my question.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014, 9:10am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: put to Web a product catalog from database csv
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14th, 2009, 9:56am »

HyperPublish PRO can perform this task very well: www.hyperpublish.com

It can import CSV files and create a catalog. There are several options, you can use categories, subcategories - it will create indexes, and it can create thumbnails and much more...

You do not need to change host. It can publish to any common host that supports FTP publishing.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2009, 9:57am by Support Staff » Logged
$$data$$ field

Email

$$data$$ field Re: csv product catalog to web
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14th, 2014, 9:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have entered all my PDF file in "image and files album". Now I have tried to enter the name of one of these pdf files into my CSV file (in the field $$data$$), but the result in hyperpublish is (I give a name for an example) :
"File not found     C\user\Pierre\Desktop\te-lucis-ante-terminum.pdf"
But I know this file is not in the desktop.

I would like that the user click on the name of the pdf file in order to open it.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2014, 9:07am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: program create csv product catalog to web
« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2014, 9:08am »

No when you use CSV import, it works another way, the CSV file must point to existing files (e.g. PDFs to be placed into the same folder of the CSV), and Hyperpublish automatically inserts them in its internal album (when creating the rest of the stuff). The CSV may contain thousands of products so it would not make sense to force you to manually insert pdf files into the album.
Alternatively, $$data may be a URL (eventually within " " )
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users