VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:18am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Creating buttons for search »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   PaperKiller / RoboAuthor

Creating buttons for search
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Creating buttons for search  (Read 882 times)
noreen

Email

Creating buttons for search
« on: Aug 7th, 2003, 8:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The Company for which I work wants to buy this program, so I'm testing the trial, I want to create buttons for search.  Is it possible, how?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Creating buttons for search
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2003, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Select a text block and use "Insert >Special link" then the tab "other" (the one before the last), then "show search window".
A click on the link will show the search window (this works when you create a CD).

You can do the same for an image (can be the image of a button or so), click the image with the right mouse button, select "Define special link".

Noreen

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 7th, 2003, 10:10am »

[b][/b]Thank you!

I didn't express well.  I would like to do something like google, yahoo, etc, but simple, something for the users can get help.

I want to insert a textbox and a button that when I enter the keyword and press the button I can get the information that I am requesting.

Is it possible?

Thanks anticipated
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2003, 1:50pm »

A question: what would be the main use of PaperKiller?
A Website or a CD?

If a CD, the function said above will show a dialog that have a search function almost like google within the CD.
You can't insert a box and a button in the page, but you can show this dialog with a special link.

I know it's a bit different but it works (full text search, so it can find anything is on the CD).

For the Web, for a function like this you must install a "search script" on the server (maybe your host can help you); and of course you should get EasyWebEditor or 1SITE, not PaperKiller.

Regards

Noreen

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2003, 6:36am »

Thank you for help me.

Want I want to do is create a tutorial for the users but in html, not cd, so when I call it from another program I can open it, and make it works.

I did what you tell me.  I shadowed a text, then:
I did this:
Insert->SpecialLink->other->show search window and it works but when I changed the format .aeh to html it doesn't work

and when I press a link it doesn't work either, it open a page that says this page can not be displayed.

My questions:
How can I export the program to html.  Is it possible that the special link works in the format html, so when I press it, can open automatically the keyword search.

Excuses for take much of your time

Thank you Noreen
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12th, 2003, 12:29pm »

No the keyword search won't work in HTML as it uses a special function of the AEH.

Sorry  
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users