VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 24th, 2017, 8:07am

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Compiling the final CHM file »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   PaperKiller / RoboAuthor

Compiling the final CHM file
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Compiling the final CHM file  (Read 1815 times)
Graeme Pretty

Email

Compiling the final CHM file
« on: Jun 30th, 2004, 11:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When I try to compile my help file (.CHM), by selecting Export HTML Help, then Export, I get this error:

HTML compiler not found. See http://visualvision.com/help/ in order to get it. If intalled yet, run it then open the .HHP file.

Well, I know the HTML Help Workshop is installed. I installed it from the PaperKiller CD.

I had this problem once before, and solved it. But I can't remember how I did it. My current workaround is to create a DOS batch file that runs the hhc.exe file and compiles the file. A bit archaic, and a darned nuisance, but it' works.

Can you please tell me what is wrong with my PK & HHW installations? I'd rather do it through PaperKiller (don't have to create multiple batch files!!!)

Thanks,
Graeme.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Compiling the final CHM file
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 4:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just run the PaperKiller HTML Help export. Then open the export folder with the MSWindows file explorer, and double click the .HHP file created by PaperKiller (you will find it within the other files). When MSWindows tells you "unknown file, do I open with?" please select the MS HTML Help Workshop from the program list, and check the box "always use this program for this kind of file".
Then everything will work file.
Maybe the HHWS installation was not correct, so the default HHWS project file extension was not registered.

There is also the option to tell PaperKiller where's the HHWS, within the options tab of the export dialog...

Graeme Pretty

Email

Re: Compiling the final CHM file
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the answer. It worked.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users