VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2017, 5:04pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « HtmlHelp or WinHelp? »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   PaperKiller / RoboAuthor

HtmlHelp or WinHelp?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HtmlHelp or WinHelp?  (Read 1559 times)
Emcee

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

HtmlHelp or WinHelp?
« on: Oct 8th, 2007, 11:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am creating a software manual for our company.  I am not at all familiar with using htmlHelp or WinHelp.  Do I have to use one of these softwares to "complete" my project after I've created it in Paper Killer.  I am trying to learn this as I go, and have NO idea what I 'm doing (sorry).  My main concern is once I've made this great e-manual w/your software with all the anchors and links everywhere, I'm not sure how to get it to my employees.
Thanks in advance.

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: HtmlHelp or WinHelp?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 12:58pm »

Hi!
You may create a HTMLHelp file (with the HTML Help Workshop) and then distribute the resulting CHM file.

Or you may also create a CD with the internal PaperKiller CD creation feature, this way you can distribute the manual directly,  without having to convert it to HTMLHelp or WinHelp.
Emcee

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 1:35pm »

Thank you.  So if I go the CD route, does that mean the only way they can view my manual is from the CD or can they put the files on their hard drive or can I place it on a local server for everyone to access?  

When I tried to convert to WinHelp, it reformatted my tables and such and the text was over top of the image...I'm looking for the easiest way to make a manual.  Obviously, I have about Zero knowledge of this stuff.  

BTW - I love how easy it is to create links, anchors and such...just having a hard time saving it how i need to distribute it.  

Thanks!

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2007, 1:49pm »

Hi! The CD can install on their PCs (it prompts to install when inserted, actually).
You may install on a shared drive also, I believe there shouldn't be problems..
Emcee

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 6:38am »

Great, thanks.  I've published as HTML and everything seems to be  perfect, but i get this file name that shows up on my page that I don't see when i am in PK?  It is a file that I added, but thought i deleted, do you know how i can view it to permanantly get rid of it? (this shows up at the top of my page in light pink)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 6:44am by Emcee » Logged

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:34am »

...strange.
Check Format >Page properties and the "HTML" tab in order to see if you inadvertently added something there...
Emcee

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:59am »

Duh! That was it.  Thanks!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users