VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing or autorun CD DVD, catalog, create and protect ebook, business product catalog, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:09pm

(this forum has a copy - slightly different and recommended for EWE, click here)
Français * - Español * - Italiano
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) « Background music, audio that won't stop chgng page »

advanced search Search for:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Background music, audio that won't stop chgng page
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Background music, audio that won't stop chgng page  (Read 1353 times)
how to

Email

Background music, audio that won't stop chgng page
« on: Jul 10th, 2017, 8:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In building my art history project. I would like to investigate the audio possibilities of CDFE Gold.  When I used it some time ago, I noticed that every time I had an audio track running on a page, and I clicked to change the page, the audio track cut out.

I understand why this happens, but I am wondering if there is still any way to keep an audio running even when one changes pages?    I am thinking for instance of your slide capability.  It would be nice to have a series of "slides" running with the same sound continuing.   Is there any way this is possible?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

audio that won't stop changing page, at the change
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10th, 2017, 8:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yes this is possible.
Let's explain this for the slides (but the same trick works also for other purposes).
First, create the series of slides and test them.
Then create a brand new page.
Divide it in 2 frames.
In one of the frames, the bigger, with the Advanced Frameset Manager please put the first page of the slides series.
In the other frame (that is very small) you can assign to it the "main page/master page" of the frameset (the current page), and you should put in this frame the "audio component".
The slide feature will replace the other frame and this frame will remain in place (and so the audio will keep running).

The same trick without the "slide" feature will require you to use "special links" and to have links that will replace the single frame rather than the frameset (the point is to always keep in place the frame section that contains the audio)
peter wa

Email

Re: Background music, audio that won't stop chgng
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2019, 6:25am »

I wonder if it is the same with Ebookswriter.

Can you help me, please?    I am using EBookWriter.    If it is possible, I need to be able to maintain sound (music or narration) over more than one page.  At the moment, changing pages cuts the sound.   There is a description of working with frame sets on pages 29-31 of your .pdf, which seems as if it might allow for this, but these instructions are not easy to follow.

For example, coming to the instructions on these pages, you write that - after selecting "Choose page in frame .. " - the next option "Choose existing one"will change the Window, allowing me to insert the  "index page" into the frame..   What does this mean?    Insert the page into which frame?   Trying to insert by finding the title of the left frame wih the index (page A, page B, etc) does not work, since the title we have given to the index page does not appear anywhere within the frame window!  For some reason it does not appear amongst all the other page titles in the project.     This is also assuming it is necessary to give the index page a title in order to be able to locate it?     This is also not clear.

There is a later mention here of a another procedure in Chapter 7 for changing the right frame while maintaining the same left frame?    I can't find any detailed description of the procedure I need there, either.   Maybe this is the procedure I need?

I would much appreciate any help with this.   Being able to maintain music or narration over more than one frame is an essential element for my project.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2019, 6:30am »

As per above, the only way is to use frames, for example a top frame (with music / narration) and a bottom frame.
Then use ONLY special links for changing page in the bottom frame.

This will work only in preview/read only mode.
The thing that you must understand when working with frames, is that any page can be hosted in a frameset

You may define also a frameset (to host any other page) in any page, but it would be better for simplicity (when possible) to create only ONE frameset/host page and left all other pages "free" (they will be hosted in frameset when you click the links - if special links - but better to left them simples and singles and easy to find).

In order to find a page, you must give it a meaningful title with the page properties. If you are currently inside a page that hosts a frame set, in order to see the master page (the real page that hosts the set, that owns the set, that gives the title/name to the page) just release the frame/noframe button that is on the bottom toolbar just besides the page number box.
peter wa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10th, 2019, 11:11am »

Hello!

Thank you for your quick reply, which I appreciate.  However, I cannot get this producure to work.

I have been working on this for several hours, and I remember when we were in contact some years ago, I could not getit to work then.  Part of the problem is that you use a vey technical language, and it is not clear what you mean.  For instance, in the earlier forum posting you sent me today, you wrote re the first divide frameset, "In the other frame (the small one) you can assign it to the "main page/ master page"of the frame set (the current page). I don't understand what this means.   What do you mean by "assign"?    How do I do this, if - having entered the first page of my series into the larger frame of the frameset, it disappears, and seemingly I have to use a new frame-set - which doesn't seem right.

I have tried so many combinations of frames to achieve this, and I am getting nowhere.  I so wish you would give me a clear - step-by-step explanation that I could easily follow.   For instance, when I first divide the new frame into two sides - one larger than the other - do I give a special name to each side. The same name, or a different name for each side?

Where does the index go - page a, page b, etc and at what stage of the procedure?

Again, the idea of using only special links for changing the page in the bottom page, does not explain how to do this, on a step-by-step basis.

I am very sorry to bother you with this, but without a clear explanation, I will have to abandon this idea, and just have music or narration per each separate stage, without any continuing over the following pages.   This will be a much more limiting solution and clearly not representing the full possibilities of your program.    You have a very sophisticated anf ingenious programme there - it is such a pity that many of the instructions in your .pdf are too hurried, too abbreviated, and seemingly only written for the technically initiated.   For the not especially computer-literate such as myself, it means we cannot take advantage of all that the programme has to offer.   This is a great, great pity.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2019, 11:16am »

>>
For instance, when I first divide the new frame into two sides - one larger than the other - do I give a special name to each side. The same name, or a different name for each side?  
>>

When you transform a single page in two frames (e.g. by dragging borders) one of the two "new pages" is the page itself - that is called also master frame or the "host" of the frames.
You can name it with Format >Current page properties

The other page is a new page, that the program creates automatically for you, then it put the page into the frameset (it assigns the page to the frameset, like an alumn is assigned to a class). You can name it with a Right Mouse Clik and "Page properties". This name will show in all the pages lists.
Moreover, this new page can be reused (assigned) to infinite frame sets (the alumn can follow infinite classes and it remains the same alumn).

With the advanced frameset manager, you can decide that you do not want the new page that the program just created, but instead you can assign to the frame (you can select to be hosted into the frame) any already existing page.

Unless you understand this you will understand nothing.
Regards

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2019, 11:21am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10th, 2019, 11:26am »

A second important thing to know is that in EDIT MODE, a double click on a link will always replace the whole page (to avoid mixes; with special links you can change what is hosted in any frame, and this is a TEMPORARY situation, normally a frameset in the editor always contains the pages assigned to it "by design").

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 7:16am »

A simple file that shows some basics about frames
www.visualvision.com/download/frame-example.aeh

www.paperinik.com/cgi-bin/eng/YaBB.pl?board=EBW;action=display;num=14949 54062;start=0
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2020, 7:16am by Support Staff » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
   Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (normal) » Powered YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2008 VisualVision and VisualVision Users